Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gratitude



This is a small word with such BIG meaning. The dictionary says it’s the quality or feeling of being grateful or thankful. I like that word quality and I personally would say it’s more than just a feeling, it’s an attitude. Don’t get me wrong, we can feel grateful for things but our attitude makes the difference. A little story, my husband was out of work for about 2 months. He started working for a company that pays a bit less than what he was used to making. He got his first check and was like, “Man, I thank God for my job, but what is this?!? I‘m not used to making this little bit of money!!“ I was like dude, you didn’t even have a job a few weeks ago. That quickly changed his thought on the matter. Attitude is a disposition of the heart and mind. We can feel grateful for having something but if our attitude about what we have is all jacked up it defeats the purpose of being grateful. Being grateful is to have an attitude that no matter what the situation is “there with to be content“. Be grateful in all things. The good, the bad and the u-g-l-y. Life won’t always feel good, but…be grateful for LIFE. You woke up to see a new day, you’re in your right mind, you have a roof over your head, all of this is just half the battle!! I read an affirmation the other day while working on my vision board. It said “Gratitude is absolutely the way to bring more into your life”. How can we expect for things to change or to have more in our lives if we first can’t be satisfied with where we are and what we have right now. So, I challenge us to be inspired today to have an Attitude of Gratitude….come what may.

Be Blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment